When it comes to solar power, no other technology shows more potential than dye sensitized solar cells. The basic concept was invented by Michael Gratzel, a Swiss scientist in, 1995. The basic idea is that some common, cheap materials can be made photo sensitive and together they can produce electricity. The problem with this technology is that when compared with traditional solar panels it delivers a very small amount of electricity.
Also the organic components used trend to degrade under UV radiation. This is a potential game changing development and it's happening right now in Sherbrooke. The biggest contender is Konarka, a massachusetts based compagny, which is actually producing and SELLING these Solar Cells.
Compagnies set to dominate this emerging market? Located in Us, Uk
It's worthy to mention that they have also landed a HUGE contract with the military, worth $1.6 million / Initial Stage
Gravitational Force and Electromagnetic Base
Until a few years ago scientists believed that all forces could be categorized into five classes:
- Gravitational force - the force of attraction between any two objects with mass.
- Electric force - a force of attraction or repulsion between charged objects.
- Magnetic force - a force of attraction or repulsion between ferro magnetic objects.
- Strong force - the force holding protons and neutrons together in the nucleus.
- Weak force - the force which causes radioactive decay.
In recent years it has been shown that the magnetic, strong, and weak forces are all variations of the electric force now called the electro-weak force. Many scientists believe that the gravitational force may also have an electromagnetic base, but no proof exists as of now.